Munition sentence example
- The influence of the Italian towns did not make itself greatly felt till after the end of the First Crusade, when it made possible the foundation of a kingdom in Jerusalem, in addition to the three principalities established by Bohemund, Baldwin and Raymond; but during the course of the Crusade itself the Italian ships which hugged the shores of Syria were able to supply the crusaders with provisions and munition of war, and to render help in the sieges of Antioch and Jerusalem.4 Sea-power had thus some influence in determining the victory of the crusaders.
- These boards also undertook other functions, such as introducing new methods of manufacture and supplying the workers in the munition factories with beer.
- 1918 Kurt Eisner was prosecuted at Munich on a charge of treason for inciting munition workers to strike.
- Munition wanteth, and therefore some supplie required to be sent ov erefore some supplie required to be sent ov er.
- 1918 he was prosecuted at Munich on a charge of treason for inciting munition workers to strike.Advertisement
- The country had heard much of the German espionage system, spies were suspected everywhere, and many acts of sabotage, arson, and violence in factories engaged in munition production were ascribed to them.
- The man was wearing a bluish coat of broadcloth, he had no knapsack or cap, his head was bandaged, and over his shoulder a French munition pouch was slung.
- In three carriages involved among the munition carts, closely squeezed together, sat women with rouged faces, dressed in glaring colors, who were shouting something in shrill voices.