Muezzin sentence example
- Passing a mosque we could hear the muezzin calling the people to prayer.
- The devout Moslem has to make a set response to each phrase of the Muezzin.
- The Kajars were completely routed and thrown into confusion; but Aga Mahommed, with extraordinary presence of mind, remained in his tent, and at the first appearance of dawn his muezzin, or public crier, was ordered to call the faithful to morning prayer as usual.
- The Muezzin, who is a paid servant of the mosque, must stand with his face towards Mecca and with the points of his forefingers in his ears while reciting Azan.
- In small mosques the Muezzin at Azan stands at the door or at the side of the building; in large ones he takes up his position in the minaret.Advertisement