Mudstone sentence example
- It includes chalky limestones, siliceous earths, red clay, and, at the top, a layer of mudstone composed mainly of volcanic dust.
- mudstone, shale, slate: these exhibit in greater or less perfection the properties above described according to their freedom from impurities.
- Nodular anhydrite (Arab Formation)Gypsum(dark lenticular shapes) in brown/grey lime mudstone (lens 2.5cm sq) What environment do these structures/textures occur in?
- It includes outcrops of numerous coal seams, and several mudstone horizons yielding non-marine bivalves.
- Below the cretaceous Tertiary escarpment, the low ground is underlain by soft sedimentary rocks of the Triassic Mercia Mudstone Group.Advertisement
- The Waterloo mudstone Formation spans the Triassic Jurassic boundary, and comprises dark gray mudstones and shales, alternating with gray limestones.
- This arrangement of dolomitised limestone and overlying mudstone is the most common feature seen through both the prehistoric and more recent workings.
- The geology of much of the western half of Leicestershire is dominated by the red mudstones of the Triassic aged Mercia Mudstone Group.
- On the north side of the Lagan Valley the Triassic sandstone is succeeded by reddish Triassic mudstone which does not provide a water supply.
- At Helwith in Ribblesdale, the hard, dark grey-green mudstone quarried there is much in demand today for producing skid resistant roadstone.Advertisement
- mudstone A degree of rehydration is noted in certain of the mudstone horizons, particularly where they are intersected by mineral veins.
- mudstone fragments ).
- The 3 mudstone formations There are three different mudstone formations There are three different mudstone formations found in the study area.
- overliea unit of mudstone, the Tollhouse Mudstone occurs, which is directly overlain by a series of regular bedded argillaceous limestones.
- stratumexposures of range of Mesozoic strata - Mercia Mudstone Group to Glenarm Chalk Member.Advertisement
- Good exposures of range of Mesozoic strata - Mercia Mudstone Group to Glenarm Chalk Member.