Muds sentence example
- The terrigenous deposits consist of blue muds, red muds (abundant along the coast of Brazil, where the amount of organic matter present is insufficient to reduce the iron in the matter brought down by the great rivers to produce blue muds), green muds and sands, and volcanic and coral detritus.
- The best raw materials for the preparation of thallium are the flue-dusts produced industrially in the roasting of thalliferous pyrites and the "chamber muds" accumulating in vitriol-chambers wrought with such pyrites; in both it is frequently associated with selenium.
- Muds, sands, grits and conglomerates are the predominant types.
- In some regions, notably in the Baltic province and in parts of the United States, the rocks still retain their original horizontality of deposition, the muds are scarcely indurated and the sands are still incoherent; but in most parts of the world they bear abundant evidence of the many movements and stresses to which they have been exposed through so enormous a period of time.
- Thus, we find them more frequently, folded, tilted and cleaved; the muds have become shales, slates, phyllites or schists, the grey and red sands and conglomerates have become quartzites and greywackes, while the limestones are very generally dolomitized.Advertisement
- The bottom of the Bay of Bengal, of the northern' part of the Arabian Sea, of the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf, and of the narrow coastal strips on the east and west sides of the ocean, are chiefly covered by blue and green muds.
- Off the African coasts there are large deposits of Glauconitic sands and muds at depths down to moo fathoms, and on banks where coral formation occurs there are large deposits of coral muds and sands.
- In a few places a red colour prevails, the iron being mostly oxidized; elsewhere the muds are green owing to abundant glauconite.
- Some MUDs like HoloMUCK or Jay's House have stringent codes enforcing the realism of proposed additions.
- They can consist of clays, muds, sands or gravels or a mixture of these, often cemented together by iron oxides.Advertisement
- They spent hours in their favorite MUDs, sparking the first panic about Net addiction.
- You apply different colored medicinal chakra muds to specific areas of your bodies whilst you gently inhale steam infused with pure herbs.
- The coarser particles of the sediments are deposited near the shore as gravels, sand and muds, but the very fine particles remain in suspension in the colloidal form, and some of this may be acted upon by marine bacteria or (it is surmised) even utilized by diatoms as a source of silica.
- Traced landwards the muds become more sandy, while on their outer margins they grade into the abysmal deposits, such as the globigerina ooze (see Ocean And Oceanography).
- Most people agree that MMOGs have their roots in the Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs) of the 1980s.Advertisement