Mowed sentence example
- Dusty materialized beside him, his gun roaring in the narrow hallway as he mowed down Jilian's men.
- Soon after, the men in black mowed down two of Dan's men, and the three of them were left to fend for themselves.
- The Garibaldians, mowed down by the new French chassept rifles, fought until their last cartridges were exhausted, and retreated the next day towards the Italian frontier, leaving 800 prisoners.
- 32), and it is their heathen enemies, assembled before Jerusalem to war against Yahweh, who shall be mowed down in the valley of Jehoshaphat ("Yahweh judgeth") by no human arm, but by heavenly warriors.
- Fourteen times the squadrons of King Philip came back to the charge; but mowed down by the arrow-shower, they seldom could get to handstrokes with the English knights, and at last rode off the field in disorder.Advertisement
- Saint-Pol, Nemours, Charles the Bold, his brother the duke of Berry, old Ren of Anjou and his nephew the count of Maine, heir to the riches of Provence and to rights over Naplesthe skeleton hand mowed down all his adversaries as though it too were in his pay; until the day when at Plessisles-Tours it struck a final blow, claimed its just dues from Louis XL, and carried him off despite all his relics on the 3oth of August 1483.
- Have the lawn mowed a day or two before the wedding and clippings picked up.
- When the ambassadors of the senate in treating for peace tried to terrify him with their hints of what the despairing citizens might accomplish, he gave with a laugh his celebrated answer, "The thicker the hay, the easier mowed!"
- It also does well naturalized among grass if you have room for a meadow area that is only mowed once or twice a year.
- I had a tough go as a kid and my animals kept me going, I shoveled snow mowed lawns to buy feed.Advertisement
- During the freshman season's mid-season finale, Hanna realized who A was, but found herself mowed down by a car before she could reveal the truth to her friends.