Moults sentence example
- From two to four moults occur, after which the " pronymph " stage is reached, which in the insect is moderately active and possesses wing-rudiments reaching to the second abdominal Segment.
- After eating the contents of the egg, the larva moults and becomes a fleshy grub with short legs and with paired spiracles close to the dorsal region, so that, as it floats in and devours the honey, it obtains a supply of air.
- There it feeds first as an internal parasite of the waspgrub, then bores its way out, moults and devours the wasp larva from outside.
- Growth is accompanied by a succession of moults, the spider emerging from its old skins by means of a fracture which extends along the front and sides of the cephalothorax just beneath the edge of the carapace.
- After a series of moults it passes into the second larval stage, somewhat like the parent but differing in having each integumental ring armed with a fringe of backwardly directed short bristles.Advertisement
- Lubbock traced at least twenty moults in Cloeon; at about the tenth rudiments of the wingcases began to appear.
- Both agree in having nothing that can be termed a metamorphosis; they are active from the time of their exit from the egg to their death, gradually increasing in size, and undergoing several moults or changes of skin.
- After several moults the rudiments of two pairs of wings appear, and then the insect creeps up to the surface of the earth, and on to the vine.
- Certain races moult or cast their skin three times during their larval existence, but for the most part the silkworm moults four times - about the sixth, tenth, fifteenth and twenty-third days after hatching.
- S presents a highly magnified section of one of the valves to show the successive moults.Advertisement
- At successive moults the somites increase in number, new somites being added behind those already differentiated, from a formative zone in front of the telsonic region.