Motor-neurons sentence example
- Thus the tonus of the motor neurons of the spinal cord is much lessened by rupture of the great afferent root cells which normally play upon them.
- This explanation assumes that after recovery from polio the surviving giant motor neurons must labor more than normal neurons just to maintain daily activities.
- These become the parent motor neurons for those muscle fibers that were orphaned initially.
- These vastly enlarged motor units make it possible for fewer motor neurons to do the work of many.
- The ventral horns are where motor neurons leave the spinal cord.Advertisement
- The pons sends messages, shutting off the motor neurons in the spinal cord.
- For instance, weakness may accompany damage to nerves that carry both sensory and motor neurons.
- Normal voluntary muscle contraction begins when electrical signals are sent from the brain through the spinal cord along nerve cells called motor neurons.
- These include both the upper motor neurons within the brain and the lower motor neurons within the spinal cord and leading out to the muscle.
- Interruption of brain mechanisms and overly sensitive motor neurons may result from damage to the nerve pathways.Advertisement
- These electrical signals pass along upper motor neurons through the midbrain to the spinal cord.
- The axons of the motor neurons are, inasmuch as they are nerve fibres in nerve trunks, easily accessible to artificial stimuli.