Mosaicism sentence example
- Such gross somatic mosaicism was not observed in three other lines examined, further emphasizing a role for flanking DNA in modulating repeat stability.
- Furthermore, the only abnormal genes were found in abnormal lung and kidney tissue, arguing against genetic mosaicism.
- Specifically, in 2% of patients, the mutated TSC gene is not detected in either parent because of germline mosaicism.
- We do occasionally find mosaicism in chorion villous cells obtained by the CVS test at 12 weeks gestation.
- Another feature of fragile X syndrome is that mosaicism is present in 15 to 20 percent of those affected by the condition.Advertisement
- Subsequently, however, researchers concluded that the rare recurrence of OI to a couple with a child with autosomal dominant OI is more likely due to gonadal mosaicism.
- An estimated 2 percent to 4 percent of families into which an infant with OI type II is born are at risk of having another affected child because of gonadal mosaicism.
- However, it is estimated that 3 to 8 percent of girls with a single X chromosome and 12 to 21 percent of females with sex chromosome mosaicism may have normal pubertal development and spontaneous menstrual periods.
- There is no increased risk of either mosaicism or translocation with increased maternal age.