Mortifying sentence example
- But neither the British nor the French could afford to divert great military resources from the main theatre of war in western Europe to the Aegean, and so the struggle for the Straits ended in mortifying discomfiture for the Allies.
- He harried the Limousin and laid siege to the castle of Chalus; while directing an assault he was wounded in the shoulder by a crossbow bolt, and, the wound mortifying from unskilful treatment or his own want of care, he died on the 6th of April 1199.
- At 15s 6d for the former, and 25s the latter, it is not the world's cheapest way of mortifying the flesh.
- The doctor and valet lifted the cloak with which he was covered and, making wry faces at the noisome smell of mortifying flesh that came from the wound, began examining that dreadful place.
- Having your pants fall down is bad enough, but what is mortifying is that Greg is wearing Wonder Woman underwear-because he was too lazy to do laundry.Advertisement
- Whether partially or all the way down, having a bikini oops exposing your nether region can be mortifying.
- One of the worst mortifying bra stories for a girl at school is the front closing bra that suddenly breaks.
- And whereas if a back-closing bra suddenly snaps, a friend can publicly assist with getting it closed again, you'll only draw more mortifying attention if it's a front closer.
- She yielded, after a struggle, also to the appointment of Whigs to bishoprics, the most mortifying submission of all.