Morpeth sentence example
- The Protector summoned him in 1657 to his House of Lords, but he was imprisoned in 1659 on suspicion of a share in Booth's insurrection and, after the Restoration, was created, in 1661, earl of Carlisle, Viscount Morpeth and Lord Dacre of Gilsland, titles which are still held by his descendants.
- There is evidence that he "was settled in Morpeth as a Presbyterian minister as early as 1709."
- At Morpeth Horsley opened a private school.
- He gave lectures on mechanics and hydrostatics in Morpeth, Alnwick and Newcastle, and was elected F.R.S.
- In the following year he entered parliament as member for Morpeth, but for a considerable period he took scarcely any part in the debates.Advertisement
- Scotland, forced the king's hand, and penetrated England as far as Morpeth.
- Of these the principal are the Egerton, Morpeth, Morpeth Branch and Wallasey Docks; while the Alfred Dock, with its three entrances, nineteen pairs of lock-gates, 8 acres.
- Parramatta, Richmond and Windsor had indeed been founded within the first decade of the colony's existence; Newcastle, Maitland and Morpeth, near the coast to the north of Sydney, had been begun during the earlier years of the 19th century; but the towns of the interior, Goulburn, Bathurst and others, were not commenced till about 1835, in which year the site of Melbourne was first occupied by Batman and Fawkner.
- A Northumbrian piper was at Morpeth station last week (Monday 12 December 2005) to greet a new service from Virgin Trains.
- A Georgian house on Morpeth's oldest street, Oldgate, is a reminder of one of England's greatest seafarers.Advertisement
- A Georgian house on Morpeth 's oldest street, Oldgate, is a reminder of one of England 's greatest seafarers.