Mordvinians sentence example
- The Mordvinians are nearly all Orthodox Greek, as also are the Votyaks, Voguls, Cheremisses and Chuvashes, but their religions are, in reality, modifications of Shamanism under the influence of some Christian and Moslem beliefs.
- The Finns consist principally of Mordvinians (18,500), Ostiaks (20,000) and Voguls (5000).
- Mordvinians >>
- Nestor regarded them as Finns, and even now part of the Mordvinians (of Finnish origin) call themselves Meshchers.
- Illprotected by its palisaded walls, it was plundered in 1377 and 1378 by the Tatars, supported by the Mordvinians.Advertisement
- They were most likely Finns (Samoyed has the same meaning) and perhaps the ancestors of the Mordvinians (?..).