Moot-point sentence example
- The origin of these cells is a moot point.
- In the latter part of the word we have, of course, the same root as in caedere, " to kill," but whether or not the former part is from pater, " a father," or from the same root that we have in per-peram, per-jurium, is a moot point.
- Debating whether global warming is human caused or a natural planetary cycle is almost a moot point when decreasing the greenhouse effect and slowing global warming is humanly possible.
- It was a moot point whether all souls so survive, as Cleanthes thought, or the souls of the wise and good alone, which was the opinion of Chrysippus; in any case, sooner or later individual souls are merged in the soul of the universe, from which they proceeded.
- It may confidently be asserted that, of insects which directly or indirectly affect the welfare of man, Diptera form the vast majority, and it is a moot point whether the good effected by many species in the rapid clearing away of animal and vegetable impurities, and in keeping other insect enemies in check, counterbalances the evil and annoyance wrought by a large section of the Order.Advertisement
- Whether this principle may legitimately be extended to the notation adopted in (iii.) (a) of Ã¯¿½ 14 is a moot point.
- Of course, this all becomes a moot point for pet owners who did not acquire their cat from a breeder who has taken careful note of an animal's pedigree and family health history.
- This infuses the whole dish with the flavor and heat of the chili, thus making the removal of the chili pepper from the dish to reduce the heat a moot point.
- If you are allergic to sunflower seeds, the nutritional boastings of this food are a moot point in light of the intense immunological reaction your body will have upon ingesting the seeds.
- This version is not as full or comprehensive as the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, but if you don't own those newer consoles, this is all a moot point anyways.Advertisement
- "It's all a moot point now," Martha said.
- Whether this principle may legitimately be extended to the notation adopted in (iii.) (a) of ï¿½ 14 is a moot point.
- Before we get started, many of you may not be familiar with what RSS is in the first place, so it's kind of a moot point to discuss it until everyone is on the same page.