Montane sentence example
- Four fifths of Ethiopia's montane forests have been destroyed, and the destruction continues.
- The associated habitat is mainly 6430 Hydrophilous tall herb fringe communities of plains and of the montane to alpine levels.
- Site selection rationale The SAC series reflects the UK's special responsibilities for conserving montane willow scrub.
- Alpine and oblong woodsia are small tufted montane ferns found in open rocky habitats, mainly on cliffs and scree slopes.
- Nevertheless, owing to the fact that nearly all the longer and more important crossings of Tibet and its northern montane region have been made from north to south, or vice versa, that is, transversely across the ranges, and comparatively few from east to west along the intermont latitudinal valleys, the identifications between ranges in the east and ranges in the west are in more than one instance more or less doubtful.Advertisement
- The view that meets the eye southwards from the heights of the Kalta-alaghan is the picture of a chaos of mountain chains, ridges, crests, peaks, spurs, detached masses, in fact, montane conformations of every possible description and in every possible arrangement.
- Besides the Bokovoi Khrebet several other short subsidiary ranges branch off from the main range at acute angles, lifting up high montane glens between them; for instance, the two ranges in Svanetia, which divide, the one the river (glen) Ingur from the river (glen) Tskhenis-Tskhali, and the other the river (glen) TskhenisTskhali from the rivers (glens) Lechkhum and Racha.Down all these glens glacier streams descend, until they find an opportunity to pierce through the flanking ranges, which they do in deep and picturesque gorges, and then race down the northern slopes of the mountains to enter the Terek or the Kuban, or down the southern versant to join the Rion or the Kura.
- Eventually we will reach the pass and the lush cloud forests give way first to Puna then arid montane scrub.
- The montane calcicole bryophyte flora is also outstanding and includes a number of species not present on other selected sites.