Mongrel sentence example
- Someone's stabbed my dog. ' He was indeed holding a large black mongrel.
- It might be a mongrel, but we reckon it makes a pedigree chum.
- The black and white mongrel was only six weeks old, and was taken straight away to the Blue Cross Rescue Center in Burford.
- Married, with four children and one pedigree mongrel dog, he has followed the ups and downs of Newcastle United since adolescence.
- The fanaticism of the Meccan is an affair of the purse; the mongrel population (for the town is by no means purely Arab) has exchanged the virtues of the Bedouin for the worst corruptions of Eastern town life, without casting off the ferocity of the desert, and it is hardly possible to find a worse certificate of character than the three parallel gashes on each cheek, called Tashrit, which are the customary mark of birth in the holy city.Advertisement
- The scruffy little mongrel in the pet shop window has a grand ambition - to be a guard dog.
- However, help was to arrive in the shape of a small mongrel called Ceri - a fully trained hearing dog.
- For a small rescue mongrel, it is a real rags to riches story.
- Stewart is a mainstay in the fictional program, known especially for his unique quotes (among them "flamin' mongrel") and dramatic family history.
- The Turkoman is the purest form of the Turk element, and his language is the purest form of the Turkish tongue, which is represented at Constantinople by a comparatively mongrel, or mixed, dialect.Advertisement
- Among other dogs of India are the pariah, which is merely a mongrel, run wild and half starved; the poligar dog, an immense creature peculiar to the south; the greyhound, used for coursing; and the mastiff of Tibet and Bhutan.
- Although we have here nothing to do with mixed races, yet the want of fertility in these has been often taken to be a fact inherent in the mongrel race, and has been also sometimes held to prove that neither the European nor his half-bred offspring can maintain themselves in the tropics.