Mongoose sentence example
- Some more or less immune creatures are the mongoose, the hedgehog and the pig, the secretary-bird, the honey buzzard, the stork and probably other snake-eaters.
- But the story of the ichneumon or mongoose is a fable.
- The same mongoose also refused to eat a kestrel (Cerchneis rupicoloides) and a hobby (Falco subbuteo), although it devoured certain other birds that were given to it.
- The yellow mongoose is normally active during the day.
- Dog bites are the major origin of infection for humans in developing countries, but other important host animals are the wolf, mongoose, and bat.Advertisement
- After her 'Tour Of The Mongoose' (2002/3), Shakira released a DVD and CD compilation album from the tour in 2004 entitled 'Live And Off The Record'.
- Perhaps the most surprising sighting of the day was that of an Indian mongoose dashing across the road.
- The Anne Cole Swimwear studio, founded in 1978, is based at Mongoose Junction, on St. John, in the US Virgin Islands.
- We did hear a Levaillant's Woodpecker and had views of an adult Egyptian mongoose with two youngsters.
- We've therefore developed Monarch - a synthetic alternative that mimics the characteristics of the natural hair, it even looks like natural mongoose!Advertisement
- The small Indian mongoose may be an occasional predator because of its ground feeding habits.
- He found that a South African drongo (Dicrurus (Buchanga) assimilis) was rejected after one or two attempts to eat it by a hungry mongoose (Herpestes galera) which had been starved for purposes of the experiment.
- Maybe then that mongoose was our savior, snacking on all the mean OL ' cobras to protect us volunteers.
- There are also mongoose lemurs and brown lemurs to add to the spectacle.
- General characteristics The body of the dwarf mongoose is dark brown, almost black in color.Advertisement
- Of animals still found may be mentioned baboons and monkeys, the leopard, red lynx (Felis caracal), spotted hyena, aard wolf, wild cat, long-eared fox, jackals of various kinds, the dassie or rock rabbit, the scaly anteater, the ant bear (aardvaark), the mongoose and the spring haas, a rodent of the jerboa family.
- Thus the downfall of the monarchy and of the ancient cults have been nearly fatal to some of the more beautiful birds; feather ornaments, formerly worn only by nobles, came to be a common decoration; and many species (for example the Hawaiian gallinule, Gallinula sandwicensis, which, because of its crimson frontal plate and bill, was said by the natives to have played the part of Prometheus, burning its head with fire stolen from the gods and bestowed on mortals) have been nearly destroyed by the mongoose, or have been driven from their lowland homes to the mountains, such being the fate of the mamo, mentioned above, and of the Sandwich Island goose (Bernicla sandwicensis), which is here a remarkable example of adaptation, as its present habitat is quite arid.