Mongolians sentence example
- Next in numerical importance to the Mongolians are the races which have been called by Professor Huxley Melanochroic and Xanthochroic. The former includes the dark-haired people of southern Europe, and extends over North Africa, Asia Minor, Syria to south-western Asia, and through Arabia and Persia to India.
- The Mongolians of the northern half of Asia are almost entirely nomadic, hunters and shepherds or herdsmen.
- Wallace notes the resemblance which he traced between the Malays and the Mongolians, and others have recorded similar observations as to the physical appearance of the two races.
- Castren considers them as a mixture of Ugrians with Mongolians, and Zograf as brachycephalic Mongolians.
- From the 10th to the 13th century (960-1272) the city, whose real name was then Ling-nan, was the capital of southern China and the seat of the Sung dynasty, which was dethroned by the Mongolians shortly before Marco Polo's visit.Advertisement
- But a new element, the Mongolians of Central Asia, now bursts in on the scene.