Moment-of-inertia sentence example
- It is usually accurate enough in deflection calculations to take for I the moment of inertia at the centre of the beam and to consider it constant for the length of the beam.
- The fact that the moment of inertia of the magnet varies witli the temperature must, however, be taken into account.
- Eschenhagen 2 first designed a set of magnetographs in which this idea of small moment of inertia was carried to its useful limit, the magnets only weighing 1 .
- The graphical methods of determining the moment of inertia of a plane system of particles with respect to any line in its plane may be briefly noticed.
- Cji=L, Cq=M, Ct=N, (18) where C is the constant moment of inertia about any axis through the mass-centre.Advertisement
- Now T = 3/41w1, where w is the angular velocity and I is the moment of inertia about the instantaneous axis.
- The product wp/g, by which the half-square of the angular velocity is multiplied, is called the moment of inertia of the revolving body.
- The principles according to which variations of angular velocity store and restore energy are the same as those of 117, only substituting moment of inertia for mass, and angular for linear velocity.
- W and I being respectively the weight and the moment of inertia of the link about the axis through the Centre of gravity.
- If A is the moment of inertia of the magnet, and t the time of a complete vibration, MH = 41r 2 A/t 2 (torsion being neglected).Advertisement
- If the two materials are disposed symmetrically, the amount of load carried by each would be in direct proportion to the coefficient of elasticity and inversely as the moment of inertia of the cross section.
- Single needles are never used, two being the least number, and these so arranged that the moment of inertia about every diameter of the card shall be the same.
- If A = B = C, the momental ellipsoid becomes a sphere; all axes through 0 are then principal axes, and the moment of inertia is the same for each.