Molokai sentence example
- It was during this time that he paid his famous visit to the leper settlement at Molokai.
- In the older valleys on the islands of Kauai, Oahu and Maui, as well as on the lowland plain of Molokai, the soil is deeper and usually, too, the moisture is retained by a heavy clay.
- Struck with the sad condition of the lepers, whom it was the practice of the Hawaian government to deport to the island of Molokai, he conceived an earnest desire to mitigate their lot, and in 1873 volunteered to take spiritual charge of the settlement at Molokai.
- The patients are almost exclusively native Hawaiians, and their number is slowly but steadily decreasing; in 1908 they numbered 791, and there were at Molokai 46 non-leprous helpers and 27 officers and assistants, including the Roman Catholic brothers and sisters in charge of the homes., In 1905 the United States government appropriated $500,000 for a hospital station and laboratory " for the study of the methods of transmission, cause and treatment of leprosy," and $50,000 a year for their maintenance; the station and laboratory to be established when the territorial government should have ceded to the United States a tract of 1 sq.
- The average length for a Maui sunset cruise is two hours and includes tri-island views of Maui, Molokai and Lanai.Maui sunset sailings are more intimate than those offered on other islands, so the romance factor is high.Advertisement
- Whether you're on Maui, Kauai, Lanai, Oahu, Molokai, or the Big Island, you will want to know about one day tours that are available on each of these beautiful islands.
- Instead, consider visiting one of the other islands, such as Molokai or Kauai.