Molech sentence example
- It is with these sacrifices that the name of "the Molech" is always connected; sometimes "the Baal" (lord) appears as a synonym.
- In each case the people thought themselves to be worshipping Yahweh under the title of Molech or Baal; but the prophet refuses to admit that this is so, because the worship itself is an apostasy to heathenism.
- Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God.
- Their national deity was Molech or Milcon.
- The god who demanded these victims, and especially the burning of children, seems to have been Milk, the Molech or Moloch of the Old Testament.Advertisement