Moieties sentence example
- Finally, it was acquired in moieties by the Clinton family, and the present Lord Clinton is joint lord of the manor with Sir Robert Jardine.
- Lights and Buoys.-In view of the difficulties attending navigation in the Gulf, and the impossibility of arranging with the Governments of the littoral for the provision of lights and buoys except on terms which would have greatly hampered shipping, the British Government, in view of the great preponderance of British shipping in the Gulf, has established since 1912 a very complete system of lights and buoys, the cost of which is shared in equal moieties by the Government of India and H.M.
- In 1826 the wild lands of Maine were surveyed and divided between the two states; and in 1853 Maine acquired from equal moieties " the sum of $300,000 as compensation for the lands which they had claimed and which under the treaty they were called upon to surrender.
- The latter contains the proximal moieties of the zooids and numerous but separate spicules.
- It owes its commercial value to the beauty of its hard red calcareous axis which in life is covered by a cortex in which the proximal moieties of the zooids are imbedded.Advertisement
- Magnesium and other Divalent metals: Magnesium and other divalent metals: Magnesium and other divalent metals may be utilized in the binding or in the catalysis of phosphate moieties.
- moiety hydrophobic moieties, all of them placed perfectly nearby hydrophobic (green) surface patches.
- less than she had claimed, and allowed Great Britain about as much less on her claim, and by an agreement on the part of the government of the United States to pay to Maine and Massachusetts "in equal moieties" the sum of $300,000 for their assent (see Maine).