Mohawks sentence example
- Within its limits from the upper Hudson westward to the Genesee river was the home of that powerful confederacy of Indian tribes, the Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas and Senecas, known to the French as the Iroquois and to the English as the Five (later Six) Nations.
- A treaty of alliance with the Mohawks and Senecas procured for the English the same friendly relations with the Iroquois that the Dutch had enjoyed.
- Sir William Johnson died in 1774, but under his influence and that of his son, Sir John Johnson, and his nephew Guy Johnson, the Mohawks and other Iroquois Indians had become firmly attached to the British side and threatened the western frontier.
- The land was purchased from the Mohawks.
- They cleared the thickly forested land, built log dwellings, made merry with Highland games at Johnson Hall gatherings with the friendly Mohawks.Advertisement
- The Mohawks adopted him and elected him a sachem.
- Even after the Peace of Aix-la-Chapelle (1748) the Iroquois complained bitterly of the fraudulent land speculators, and in 1753 the chiefs of the Mohawks threatened to declare the covenant chain broken.
- Returning from an expedition to Three Rivers he was captured by Mohawks, who tortured him and kept him as a slave until the summer of 1643, when, aided by some Dutchmen, he escaped to the manor of Rensselaerwyck and thence to New Amsterdam.
- Mohawks are a classic example of this type of unique shape, but any sort of spikes, tendrils, and other unusual shapes can be found in punk hair.
- Punk hair styles that involve spikes and rigid mohawks will benefit from this sort of gel.Advertisement
- Mohawks are a popular classic punk hair option for both men and women.
- Many of the most popular 80s spiked looks came from the rock scene, including liberty spikes and mohawks.
- Mohawks can be made even more appealing with the addition of a fashion hair color.