Mohawk-river sentence example
- The portage at this place between the Mohawk river and Wood Creek, which are about 1 m.
- In 1796 a canal was built across the old portage between Wood Creek and the Mohawk river.
- As a reward for his services the king granted him a tract of 10o,000 acres of land north of the Mohawk river.
- A project adopted by the state for the enlargement of the Erie provides for a new route up the Hudson from Troy to Waterford and thence to the Mohawk river above Cohoes Falls.
- For some years after the completion of the Erie Canal, Schenectady, which had formerly been an important depot of the Mohawk river boat trade to the westward, suffered a decline.Advertisement