Modernizing sentence example
- Bavaria at this time was modernizing her institutions.
- Yet the town is under no great industrial or other modernizing influence, and therefore stands in the position of an ancient shrine, drawing a pilgrimage of modern origin.
- In the 19th century the modernizing tendency continued to grow, though always side by side with a strong conservative opposition, and the most prominent names on both sides are those of scholars rather than literary men.
- The influence that Rosicrucianism had in the modernizing of ancient Freemasonry early in the 18th century must have been slight, if any, though it is likely that as the century advanced, and additional ceremonies were grafted on to the first three degrees, Rosicrucian tenets were occasionally introduced into the later rituals.
- In substantials the theory of Schopenhauer may be compared with a more prosaic statement of Herbert Spencer (modernizing Hume).Advertisement
- The years from 1850 to 1859 were devoted to restoring the shattered finances of Sardinia, reorganizing the army and modernizing the antiquated institutions of the kingdom.
- Having regard to the destruction of visible evidences of antiquity in London, both through accidental agencies such as the great fire, and through inevitable modernizing influences, it is well that historical associations in nomenclature are preserved in a great measure unimpaired.
- Consistently strong performance in meeting national service priorities and improvement targets and carrying forward the Government's modernizing agenda for social services.
- The six-month pilot, due to start next year, is part of the Court Service's Modernizing the Civil Courts Program.
- Trusts Draft legislation has already been published on modernizing the taxation of trusts - often set up by grandparents for grandchildren.Advertisement
- It was an attitude of mind, not a body of doctrine; its nearest parallel is probably to be found in the eclectic strivings of the Renaissance philosophy and the modernizing tendencies of cisalpine humanism.
- Hot Topics Leadership Leadership and governance Making improvement happen Managing your people effectively Modernizing pay and rewards What is organization and people about?
- Talk of ' modernizing ' the tort of nuisance is, on this view, somewhat misplaced.
- You can expect a seamstress to perform alterations like letting out or taking in seams, hemming gowns, and modernizing vintage styles for a fresh look.