Modern latin sentence example
- While such judgments are naturally exaggerated, there is no doubt that he takes a very high place among modern Latin poets.
- Here you can find articles about writers using classical Latin before and during the Roman empire, not medieval or modern latin writers.
- In the modern Latin Church almost every large church contains several altars - dedicated to certain saints, in private side chapels, established for masses for the repose of the founder's soul, &c. Archbishop Wulfred in 816 ordered that beside every altar there should be an inscription recording its dedication.
- He then put forth proposals for publishing by subscription the poems of Politian, with notes containing a history of modern Latin verse; but subscriptions did not come in, and the volume never appeared.
- The word comes from myringa, modern Latin for drum membrane, and tom?, Greek for cutting.Advertisement