Moabites sentence example
- The history of Jerusalem during the succeeding three centuries consists for the most part of a succession of wars against the kingdom of Israel, the Moabites and the Syrians.
- The severity with which the land was treated may pass for a gentle reprisal if the Moabites of that day were not more humane than their descendants in the days of King Mesha.
- Invasions followed by Chaldeans, Syrians, Moabites and Ammonites, per 1 2 Kings xxiv.
- On his accession the Moabites refused any longer to pay tribute.
- Among these we may include not only the Israelites or tribes which afterwards became Israelitish, but the Moabites, Ammonites and Edomites.Advertisement