Moa sentence example
- The Moa or Makona river is a fine stream of considerable volume, but its course is perpetually interrupted by rocks and rapids.
- There are three custom-houses, or ports of entry on the Sierra Leone land frontier between the Moa river on the north and the Mano on the south, and nine ports of entry along the coast.
- Thus the Rio San Antonio suddenly disappears near San Antonio de los Banos; the cascades of the Jatibonico del Norte disappear and reappear in a surprising manner; the Moa cascade (near Guantanamo) drops 300 ft.
- Of the almost innumerable river cascades, those of the Sierra Maestra Mountains, and in particular the Moa cascade, have already been mentioned.
- The pelvis and hind-limbs much resemble those of a running bird, such as those of an emu or the extinct moa; but the basal bones (metatarsals) of the three-toed foot remain separate throughout life, thus differing from those of the running birds, which are firmly fused together even in the young adult.Advertisement
- The Pleistocene swamp deposits are rich in the bones of the moa and other gigantic extinct birds, which lived on until they were exterminated by the Maori.
- If we eliminate P, Q, R from (22), the resulting equations are integrable with respect to t; thus Moa - M0a.
- The Sulima or Moa is a magnificent stream and flows through a very fertile country.
- It joins the Moa within Sierra Leone.
- These have been arranged in twelve species, belonging to two genera, Aepyornis and Mullerornis, which varied in size from that of a bustard to birds much exceeding an ostrich, and rivalling the recently extinct moa of New Zealand, the largest species being about to ft.Advertisement
- The principal public buildings are the government buildings and the museum, with its fine collection of remains of the extinct bird, moa.
- The giant moa was one of the largest of all birds ever known in the world.
- In New Zealand this group is represented by the apteryx, as it formerly was by the gigantic moa, the remains of which have been found likewise in Queensland.