Misquoted sentence example
- I was widely misquoted about taking a break from action movies.
- The method of Forbes (in which the conductivity is deduced from the steady distribution of temperature on the assumption that the rate of loss of heat at each point of the bar is the same as that observed in an auxiliary experiment in which a short bar of the same kind is set to cool under conditions which are supposed to be identical) is well known, but a consideration of its weak points is very instructive, and the results have been most remarkably misunderstood and misquoted.
- To gild refined gold, to paint the lily Meaning Usually misquoted as ' to gild refined gold, to paint the lily Meaning Usually misquoted as ' to gild the lily ' .
- He later claimed to have been deliberately misquoted by the tabloid press.
- Brake response: Report number 323 by the TRL is often misquoted by anti-speed camera groups.Advertisement