Mispronounced sentence example
- Even now she calls my attention every day to mispronounced words.
- Is it a name that will be mispronounced more often than it is pronounced correctly?
- It was well past the rescheduled reservation time when a mispronounced version of Cynthia's name was called and they were led through a babble of conversation and a clatter of silverware to a corner table, remarkably, one with a view of the now-darkened bay.
- Bach flower remedies are frequently mispronounced as "Bauch" flower remedies due to the original Welsh pronunciation of this British physician's name.
- To this day the spoken language of Japanese women is appreciably simpler and softer than that of the men, and to this day while the educated woman uses the hiragana syllabary in writing, eschews Chinese sords and rarel pens an ideograph, the educated man employs the ideograp entirely, and translates his thoughts as far as possible into thi mispronounced Chinese words without recourse -to which it would be impossible for him to discuss any scientific subject, or even tc refer to the details of his daily business.Advertisement
- The latter acquired the Semitic language imperfectly from their conquerors; they expressed the verbal conjugations by periphrases, mispronounced the consonants, and so changed greatly, the appearance of the vocabulary, which also would certainly contain a large proportion of native nonSemitic roots.