Misprints sentence example
- I spotted few misprints, tho Maud Gleason's name is twice misspelt on p. 12.
- My first booklet had 28 major misprints which is pretty good going for sixteen pages.
- I have come across a few misprints, miraculously few in a book of this size, and completely trivial.
- The main instance of the latter is the 1990 Joint Session paper, regrettably part of a volume which contains numerous misprints throughout.
- Pre-consumer: Pre-consumer paper includes scrap paper created from manufacturing paper products, first print runs that are used to test print jobs, end of roll tubing, and misprints.Advertisement
- As a minor caveat I did find numerous misprints in the book, some of which were material errors.
- The stylistic peculiarities of the original have been retained, but obvious misprints corrected.
- The reason I am writing is to pose the question if there are other misprints of which we are unaware?
- As a source for the text it is superseded by the printed edition, and if there is more than one, then by the latest printed edition, which has been revised in proof by the author, or, in certain cases, by his representative; and the task of the textual critic is restricted to the detection of "misprints," in other words, of errors which the compositor (the modern analogue to the scribe) has made in "setting up" the manuscript, and which have escaped the notice of the proof-reader and the author or his representative.