Misnamed sentence example
- The most famous is the first, which is doubly misnamed, since it is not a temple and its contour is too unsymmetrical to be described properly as elliptical.
- One, known in medieval times as Dere Street and misnamed Watling Street by modern antiquaries, ran from Corbridge on the Tyne past Otterburn, crossed Cheviot near Makendon Camps, and passed by an important fort at Newstead near Melrose, and another at Inveresk (outside of Edinburgh), to the eastern end of the wall.
- In a word, the age of the Catholic restoration was beginning - a movement which has been misnamed the counter Reformation.
- The odd thing with radiators is that they are actually somewhat misnamed.
- Slightly misnamed because their objective appears to be to increase firework safety simply by banning consumer fireworks completely.Advertisement
- The result will be the converter power rating in Watts for 100% duty factor, often misnamed duty cycle.
- The -U (uniqueness) option is now misnamed as it actually controls truncation (as of version 0.80 ).
- Glaucous Houseleek (Sempervivum Calcareum) - No finer Houseleek has ever been introduced than this, often misnamed S. californicum.
- Misnamed Candy: Food is always a popular Christmas gift, and humorously named candy such as reindeer droppings (often chocolate covered peanuts or raisins) or coal (typically black licorice bites) can be a cute but still tasty gift.