Miserere sentence example
- But the most celebrated composition of Allegri is the Miserere, still annually performed in the Sistine Chapel at Rome.
- In spite of the precautions of the popes, the Miserere has long been public property.
- The entire music performed at Rome in Holy Week, Allegri's Miserere included, has been issued at Leipzig by Breitkopf and Hertel.
- Round the circlet is the singularly inappropriate text from Psalm li., "Miserere mei Deus secundum magnam misericordiam tuam."
- His compositions, of which very few have been published, were very favourable specimens of the severe ecclesiastical style; one in particular, a ten-part Miserere, composed.Advertisement
- The choir of the chapel still contains the original oak canopied stalls, miserere seats and lofty open screens in the French flamboyant style, and of unique beauty of design and execution.
- Four or five priests and as many choristers were singing Miserere before the high altar when I went in.
- The treble soloist is the stunning Quintin Beer who recently featured in a BBC Radio 4 documentary about Allegri's famous Miserere.
- The seats generally can be folded back so as to allow the occupant to stand upright or kneel; beneath the seat, especially in monastic churches, is fixed a small bracket, a miserere, which affords a slight rest for the person while standing.
- The treble soloist is the stunning Quintin Beer who recently featured in a BBC Radio 4 documentary about Allegri 's famous Miserere.Advertisement