Misdirection sentence example
- Do nothing for the time being but perhaps consider instituting a little misdirection in the future.
- Travelers should note that the porters are not cruise line employees and the cruise line is not responsible for any mishandling or misdirection of luggage.
- The rest based their claims on ambiguous labeling, misdirection, and even lies.
- Fake Outs: Similar to a misdirection, a man could hint that tonight will be special, only to surprise his beloved with a more casual, laid back affair.
- More of a mystery than an adventure, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has been skillfully written to be full of clues and provides the reader with a little misdirection.Advertisement
- Quite rightly this was said to be a misdirection, as otherwise there would be no scope for pleas of mistaken duress at all.
- Misdirection: When a guy hints that a girl should prepare for a special evening, she may immediately begin to think that this will be the night he proposes.
- Producers of General Hospital have used misdirection by sending out false spoilers, particularly when needing to recast a popular character (Carly Corinthos) or bringing back a popular veteran (Rick Springfield, Finola Hughes, Emma Samms).
- The spoiler of death of a lead character on All My Children in May 2009 is a classic example of network misdirection.
- In fact, it's becoming a popular game of misdirection for some shows to publish false spoilers themselves in order to distract fans from where the show is really going with a storyline, seeking the shock and awe of pre-Internet days.Advertisement
- As the object of punishment is not the will or the individual himself, but the misdirection of the will, so the result of punishment is the final purification and redemption of all.
- As an instance of misdirection, we may take the irritation which remains in the eye after a particle of dust has been removed, or the itching of the skin which occurs in eczema.