Miscellanea sentence example
- He violently attacked Politian (Poliziano), whose Miscellanea (a collection of notes on classical authors) were declared by Merula to be either plagiarized from his own writings or, when original, to be entirely incorrect.
- His Libertes de l'eglise gallicane (1594) is reprinted in his Opera sacra juridica his orica miscellanea collecta (1609).
- In imitation of Antimachus he wrote a work called Catachannae, probably a kind of miscellanea.
- He then spent some time in Holland, and the results of his investigations appeared at the Hague in 1766 in his Elenchus Zoophytorum and Miscellanea Zoologica, and in1767-1804in his Spicilegia Zoologica (Berlin).
- Germany The earliest trace of the literary journal in Germany is to be found in the Erbauliche Monatsunterredungen (1663) of the poet Johann Rist and in the Miscellanea curiosa medico-physica (1670-1704) of the Academia naturae curiosorum Leopoldina-Carolina, the first scientific annual, uniting the features of the Journal des savants and of the Philosophical Transactions.Advertisement
- Reference has already been made to the Miscellanea curiosa medico-physica (1670-1704); the Monatliche Erzdhlungen (1689) was also devoted to natural science.
- Previously he had begun a small periodical, Miscellanea Mathematica, which extended only to thirteen numbers; subsequently he published in five volumes The Diarian Miscellany, which contained large extracts from the Diary.
- He also published some excellent works, such as Miscellanea analytica de seriebus et quadraturis (1730), in 4to.
- Wolf shows how the question of the date of writing meets us on the 1 See the chapter in Cobet's Miscellanea critica, pp. 225-239.
- The papers reprinted in Bekker's Homerische Bldtter (Bonn, 1863-1872) and Cobet's Miscellanea Critica (Leiden, 1876) are of the highest value.Advertisement
- Sebastiao by Frei Bernardo da Cruz, who was with the king at Al Kasr al Kebir, while Miguel Leitao de Andrade, who was taken prisoner in that battle, related his experiences and preserved many popular traditions and customs in his Miscellanea.
- Posted by StopsAtGreen under general, miscellanea, photo A prize to whoever can identify all the heads in my new banner, above.
- This was followed, in the second volume of the Miscellanea Taurinensia (1762) by his "Essai d'une nouvelle methode pour determiner les maxima et les minima des formules integrales indefinies," together with the application of this important development of analysis to the solution of several dynamical problems, as well as to the demonstration of the mechanical principle of "least action."
- The earliest mercurial pump, devised by Swedenborg and described in his Miscellanea observata circa yes naturales (1722), was statical in action, consisting essentially in replacing the solid piston of the mechanical pump by a column of mercury, which by being alternately raised and lowered gradually exhausted a vessel.