Misanthrope sentence example
- For many years, nevertheless, he maintained a correspondence with Pope and Bolingbroke, and with Arbuthnot and Gay until their deaths, with such warmth as to prove that an ill opinion of mankind had not made him a misanthrope, and that human affection and sympathy were still very necessary to him.
- The result was that Carlyle was too often judged by his defects, and regarded as a selfish and eccentric misanthrope with flashes of genius, rather than as a man with many of the highest qualities of mind and character clouded by constitutional infirmities.
- In his judgments of mankind he often talked as a misanthrope.
- A misanthrope who minimizes human contact is not thereby debarred from being a graduate.
- Is Bob Fingerman a cynical misanthrope or a disappointed humanitarian?Advertisement
- His earliest publications were novels, some of which, such as A Fair Saxon (1873), Dear Lady Disdain (1875), Miss Misanthrope (1878), Donna Quixote (1879), attained considerable popularity.
- Highlights include The playboy Of The Western World in Ireland and Le Misanthrope in Boston, USA.
- Such friendships testify both to the worth and the attractiveness of his character, and contradict the old legend that he was an unsociable misanthrope.