Mirabilis sentence example
- He took the degree of doctor of theology, and seems to have received the complimentary title of doctor mirabilis.
- The year 1666 (called the annus mirabilis, for it included the plague and the fire of London) was marked by fierce fighting and changes of fortune.
- In Mirabilis Jalapa and others the filaments and style finally become intertwined, so that pollen is brought in contact with the stigma.
- Craig, after some weeks had passed, did so, and Neper then showed him a rude draught of what he called Canon mirabilis logarithmorum.
- A similar explanation may apply to C. Correns's experiment, in which he crossed white Mirabilis jalapa with a yellow form, and always obtained redflowered offspring.Advertisement
- Frederick - presently to be the renowned emperor Frederick II., Emperor Frederick " Fridericus stupor mundi et immutator mirabilis " - II was crowned at Palermo in 1198; but the child, deprived of both parents, was held to be under the protection of his lord Pope Innocent III.
- Of their hymns many are yet extant ("Jerusalem mirabilis," "In gottes namen faren wir," &c.).
- The scyphistoma of Nausithoe forms a branching network which grows in the sponge Esperella and forms the colonial polypoid organism named by Schulze Spongicola fistularis, by Allman Stephanoscyphus mirabilis.
- The character of Frederick is one of extraordinary interest and versatility, and contemporary opinion is expressed in the words stupor mundi et immutator mirabilis.
- Morris N., Stickler D., Winters C. (1997) ' Which indwelling urethral catheters resist encrustation by Proteus mirabilis biofilms?Advertisement
- Other bacteria that can cause otitis externa include Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, and bacteria of the family called Streptococci.
- This is the case in Syncoryne mirabilis (Allman , p. 278) and in Campanularia volubilis; in the latter, free medusae are produced in summer, gonophores in winter (Duplessis ).