Mira sentence example
- In the Hemipterous group of the Rhynchota ant-mimicry is illustrated by the larva of a British species of Reduviidae (Nabis lativentris) in which the forepart of the abdomen is furnished on each side with a patch of white hairs leaving a central narrow dark portion in imitation of the waist of the ant; and also by an East African species (Myrmoplasta mira) which in its general form exhibits a close resemblance to an ant (Polyrrhacis gagates) which occurs in the same neighbourhood.
- A small section of this line terminating on the Pacific coast is also in dispute, Ecuador claiming the main channel of the Mira as the dividing line, and Colombia claiming a small district south of that channel, the line running due west from the mouth of the most southern outlet of the Mira opening into Panguapi Bay, to a point of intersection with that river.
- On the western versant of the Andes of Ecuador there are three river systems of considerable size - the Mira, the Esmeraldas and the Guayas.
- The delta channels of the Mira are navigable, being tributary to the Colombian port of Tumaco.
- It drains through the Peguchi into the Rio Blanco, a tributary of the Mira.Advertisement
- The most northern of these bays is the Ancon de Sardinas, lying south of the Mira delta.
- The best known and typical star of this class is Mira or o Ceti.
- In both cases no extraneous cause can be assigned; the period seems to be inherent in the star itself and not to be determined by the revolution of a satellite (no variability of the line-of-sight motion of Mira has been found, so that it is probably not accompanied by any large companion).
- Between the Tagus and Cape St Vincent the principal rivers are the Sado, which is formed by the junction of several lesser streams and flows north-west to the port of Setubal; and the Mira, which takes a similar direction from its headwaters south of Monte Vigia to the port of Villa Nova de Milfontes.
- The principal rivers of this group, starting from the southern frontier, are the Mira, Patia, Iscuande, Micai, Buenaventura or Dagua, San Juan and Baudo.Advertisement
- The Mira has its principal sources in Ecuador, and for a short distance forms the boundary line between the two republics, but its outlets and navigable channel are within Colombia.
- The rivers Mira, Patia and San Juan permit the entrance of small steamers, as also some of the smaller rivers.
- The student may then be asked to compare the account of Synagoga mira both with the figure of the cyprisstage of Dendrogaster astericola and with the figure of the " indeterminate animal found on Gerardia," about which Lacaze-Duthiers asks, " Is it the cypris-stage of Laura?"
- However, in 1959, Mira developed the first thermostatic mixer shower designed to cope with the unique UK domestic water supplies.
- Shower Room Suite comprising walk-in tiled shower with glazed screen to two sides, Mira Excel thermostatic shower, pedestal wash basin and wc.Advertisement
- Mira Sorvino chose the Hebrew name Mattea for her daughter.
- The series focuses around three of the original brawlers, Dan, Murucho, and Shun, as they align themselves with three new brawlers, Ace, Baron, and Mira, in a fight against a newly-restored Vestroia.
- At Mira is a large candle factory.