Milch sentence example
- In the same year, according to the same authority, there were in the state 196,000 milch cows, 92,000 other neat cattle, 45, 000 sheep and 70,000 swine.
- Even the pharmaceutical industry is not the milch cow that publishers might think us to be.
- In 1910 there were 495,000 neat cattle (285,000 milch cows), 94,000 horses (average value, $106), 229,000 sheep and 95,000 swine.
- The relation between ants and aphids has often been compared to that between men and milch cattle.
- In 1900 there were 868,832 and in 1910 947, 000 milch cows in the state.Advertisement
- Although used in the early days to a limited extent as a food for milch cows and other stock, and to a larger extent as a manure, no systematic efforts were made anywhere in the South to manufacture the seed until the later 'fifties, when the first cotton seed mills were established.
- The censuses from 1860 to 1900 showed a far greater number of neat cattle on farms and ranges in Texas than in any other state or Territory; in 1900 the number was 7, 2 79,935 (excluding spring calves); and in 1910 there were 8,308,000 neat cattle including 1,137,000 milch cows.
- In 1909 the number of sheep in Montana was 5,747,000, being exceeded only by the number in Wyoming; the number of cattle was 922,000, only 80,00o being milch cows, and the number of horses 319,000.
- The total number of neat cattle on farms and ranges in 1910 was 986,000 (including 27,000 milch cows) valued at $26,277,000; horses, 148,000, valued at $12,284,000; 1 mules, 2000, valued at $212,000; and swine, 21,000, valued at $178,000.
- In 1910, out of a total of 2,587,000 neat cattle, there were 1,506,000 milch cows.Advertisement
- Milch was not ruthless enough, or concerned enough with his own glory, to make a successful gladiator in that contest.