Midribs sentence example
- The fruit is edible and its juice is made into beer; the sap of the tree is made into wine, and its pith into bread; the leaves furnish an excellent thatch, and the fibre extracted from their midribs is used f or fish lines, cordage, hammocks, nets, &c.; and the wood is hard and makes good building' material.
- Metallic blue green with red midribs on red stalks, these leaves are magnificent.
- It has been suggested that the red pigment Anthocyan, which is found very commonly in young developing shoots, petioles and midribs, effects a conversion of light rays into heating ones, so facilitating the metabolic processes of the plant.
- Cilian Beet (Beta) - B. cicla variegata is a variety of common Beet, the leaves being more than 3 feet long, vivid in color, their midribs varying from dark waxy orange to vivid crimson.
- When unfolding they remind one of a finely-cut umbelliferous plant in spring; when fully grown the midribs are red; and in autumn the leaves glow off into a bright color after the fashion of American shrubs.Advertisement
- It differs from A. glandulosa chiefly in its spiny bark and in the red midribs of its leaves.