Middle states sentence example
- Common throughout the northern and middle states and Canada, the red oak attains a large size only on good soils; the wood is of little value, being coarse and porous, but it is largely used for cask-staves; the bark is a valuable tanning material.
- From New York the movement spread into other middle states and into New England, and became especially strong in Pennsylvania and Vermont.
- In 1906 these latter formed 80% of the American production, and the southern states supplied about 13% of it, while the rich deposits of the middle states are husbanded in accordance with the law that ore bodies are drawn on in the order of their apparent profitableness.
- Meanwhile, alarmed at this tendency, and hopeless of obtaining any general system from the federal diet, the middle states had drawn together; by a treaty signed on the 18th of January 1828 Wurttemberg and Bavaria formed a tariff union, which was joined in the following year by the Hohenzollern principalities; and on the 24th of September 1828 was formed the so-called Middle German Commercial Union (Handelsverein) between Hanover, HesseCassel, the Saxon duchies, Brunswick, Nassau, the principalities of Reuss and Schwarzburg, and the free cities of Frankfort and Bremen, the object of which was to prevent the extension of the Prussian system and, above all, any union of the northern Zollverein with that of Bavaria and WUrttemberg.
- The local government of Illinois includes both county and township systems. The earliest American settlers came from the Southern States and naturally introduced the county system; but the increase of population from the New England and Middle States led to a recognition of township organization in the constitution of 1848, and this form of government, at first prevalent only in the northern counties, is now found in most of the middle and southern counties.Advertisement
- P. mitis, the yellow pine of the northern and middle states of America, is rather allied to the three-leaved section, but the leaves are mostly in pairs.
- The school is accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Northampton for their commitment to providing education for the masses.
- The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accredits this college.
- Strayer University has an accreditation from Middle States Commission on Higher Education.Advertisement
- Blackstone is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the Distance Education and Training Council, and it is licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.