Microcytic sentence example
- It is characterized by the production of small (microcytic) RBCs.
- Anemia resulting from a deficiency of iron is also called microcytic anemia.
- When the MCV is below normal, the RBCs will be smaller than normal and are described as microcytic.
- The MCHC is low in microcytic, hypochromic anemias such as iron deficiency, but is usually normal in macrocytic anemias.
- For example, thalassemia minor and iron deficiency anemia are both microcytic and hypochromic anemias, and overlap in MCV and MCH.Advertisement