Microcephaly sentence example
- Some scientists say that LB1 is merely a short modern human with a brain disorder called microcephaly.
- Commonly, the fore-brain fails to divide into lobes or hemispheres (holoprosencephaly), and the entire head is unusually small (microcephaly).
- They also have unusual facial features, poor muscle tone (hypotonia), small head size (microcephaly), and mental retardation.
- Infants with cri du chat also typically have low birth weight, slow growth, a small head (microcephaly), and poor muscle tone (hypotonia).
- Microcephaly (small head size) is common.Advertisement
- The opposite condition, microcephaly, may be caused by failure of the brain to develop or by intrauterine infection, drug toxicity, or brain trauma.