Michelson sentence example
- Michelson's ingenious echelon grating constitutes a realization in an unexpected manner of what was thought to be impracticable.
- Michelson's experiments therefore argue in favour of the view that the luminescence in a vacuum tube is similar to that produced by phosphorescence where the translatory energy does not correspond to the oscillatory energy - but further experiments are desirable.
- We have first the Doppler effect, which, according to Michelson's experiment, is the chief cause of the limit at very low pressures, but it is too small to account for the widening which is now under discussion.
- Michelson's group developed a loaded, unconstrained model in which to study the kinematics of ankles which were destabilized in various ways.
- "ALBERT ABRAHAM MICHELSON (1852-), American physicist, was born in Strelno, Germany, Dec. 19 1852.Advertisement
- Michelson, in which the ray-path was wholly in air, showed that the independence extends to higher orders.
- Michelson that a standard of length might be restored, if necessary, by reference to the measurement of wave-lengths of light.
- Magnusson, is to introduce a thin film of the dye into one of the optical paths of a Michelson interferometer, and to determine the consequent displacement of the fringes.
- Michelson produced the successive retardations by inserting step-by-step plates of glass of equal thickness so that the different portions of the beam traversed thicknesses of glass equal to nX, 2nX, 3nX, ...
- The so-called " diffraction " image of a homogeneously illuminated slit shows a central band limited on either side by a line along which the ' Michelson, Astrophys.Advertisement
- This number agrees singularly well with that determined in 1893 by Michelson, who found for the same line 6438-470o.
- Michelson, who has compared the theoretical widening with that found experimentally by means of his interferometer, had to use a somewhat more complicated expression for the comparison, as his visibility curve does not directly give intensities for particular frequencies but an integral depending on a range of frequency?