Miasma sentence example
- The old theory of paludism or of a noxious miasma exhaled from the ground is no longer necessary.
- The unhealthiness of the city is chiefly due to want of proper drainage, impure drinkingwater, miasma from the disturbed rubbish heaps, and contaminated dust from the uncleansed roads and streets.
- The water must in ritual washings run off in order to carry away the miasma or unseen demon of disease; and accordingly in baptism the early Christians used living or running water.
- Early every norning the officiating priest proceeded to the holy of holies, tfter the preliminaries of purification had cleansed him from my miasma that might interfere with the efficacy of the rites.
- Owing to the quantity of tannin they contain, no harmful miasma exhales from the Irish bogs.Advertisement
- miasma of despair What, then, is to be done?
- The absence of swamps, the porous nature of the soil, and the extent of cultivation account for the freedom of the island from miasma.
- The dampness and miasma, to which so many of the early settlers' fatal "chills and fever" were due, have practically disappeared before modern methods of sanitary drainage.
- He wished to complete his exploration of the upper range of Lebanon; he remained, therefore, with Henriette to affront the dangerous miasma of a Syrian autumn.
- miasma of corruption and falsified the books to keep the bubble going.Advertisement
- miasma of evil smoke can almost be imagined to be coming from the accursed nail!
- miasma of mystery.
- Page 11 1 [The miasma passes around Kouga, who covers his mouth.] FX miasma shhh... Kouga Ugh!
- Stark winter sunlight, not too much wind, no thunder or lightning, no miasma of the plague.
- miasma of the mortgage lenders ' jargon.Advertisement
- When they are five or six they are driven into the public school to infect it with the moral miasma of their lairs.
- miasma streams that deny you access to parts of the map.