Methylene sentence example
- The true nitrile of malonic acid is methylene cyanide, CH 2 (CN) 2, which is obtained by distilling a mixture of cyanacetamide and phosphorus pentoxide.
- A larger and more important series of condensations may be grouped together as resulting from the elimination of the elements of water between carbonyl (CO) and methylene (CH 2) groups.
- Pyrrol is readily converted into pyridine derivatives by acting with bromoform, chloroform, or methylene iodide on its potassium salt, t3-brom-and O-chlorpyridine being obtained with the first two compounds, and pyridine itself with the last.
- Conversely, by heating protocatechuic acid with potash and methylene iodide, piperonylic acid was regained.
- These results show that piperonylic acid is the methylene ether of protocatechuic acid.Advertisement
- Methylene iodide, CH 2 I 2, has a density of 3.33, and may be diluted with benzene.
- In the "diffusion column" method, a liquid column uniformly varying in density from about 3.3 to I is prepared by pouring a little methylene iodide into a long test tube and adding five times as much benzene.
- There are polymers which have hardly any inter-relations other than identity in composition; on the other hand, there are others which are related by the possibility of mutual transformation; examples of this kind are cyanic acid (Cnoh) and cyanuric acid (Cnoh) 3, the latter being a solid which readily transforms into the former on heating as an easily condensable vapour; the reverse transformation may also be realized; and the polymers methylene oxide (CH 2 O) and trioxymethylene (CH20)3.
- C 6 H 7 0, is obtained by condensing sodium aceto-acetate with methylene iodide, the ester so formed being then hydrolysed.
- Methylene blue is an example of an artificial hydrogen acceptor, or redox indicator.Advertisement
- The first method invented was a chemical solvent method using either methylene chloride or ethyl acetate.
- The best way to achieve this is to use methylene blue solution to darken the water in the jar.
- Vol ut-in occurs in the cytoplasm of various Fungi, Bacteria, Cyanophyceae, diatoms, &c., in the form of minute granules which have a characteristic reaction towards methylene blue (Meyer).
- If oxygen treatment is not effective, then a solution of 1.0 percent methylene blue may be injected in a dose of 1.0 mg methylene blue/kg body weight.