Methylamine sentence example
- Moreover, while methylamine, dimethylamine, and trimethylamine increase in basicity corresponding to the introduction of successive methyl groups, phenylamine or aniline, diphenylamine, and triphenylamine are in decreasing order of basicity, the salts of diphenylamine being decomposed by water.
- Nascent hydrogen reduces cyanamide to ammonia and methylamine.
- Methylamine, CH 3 NH 2, occurs in Mercurialis perennis, in bone-oil, and herring brine.
- When boiled with caustic baryta it gives methylamine.
- When heated with water it is decomposed into carbon dioxide, ammonia, methylamine and acetic acid.Advertisement
- Investigation of the cyanic ethers (1848) yielded a class of substances which opened out a new field in organic chemistry, for, by treating those ethers with caustic potash, he obtained methylamine, the simplest organic derivative of ammonia (1849), and later (1851) the compound ureas.