Meteorite sentence example
- The sun is a small target for a meteorite coming from infinity to hit, and if this considerable quantity reaches its mark, a much greater amount will circulate round the sun in parabolas, and there is no evidence of it where it would certainly make itself felt, in perturbations of the planets.
- The meteoric iron of Arizona, some of which contains diamond, is actually found in and about a huge crater which is supposed by some to have been formed by an immense meteorite penetrating the earth's crust.
- I guessed maybe it had been a large meteorite.
- Coffin and Trout sells a ring called the Riserva, which is white gold and platinum with meteorite and diamonds in the side.
- If you watch Meteor, you'll distinctly hear the instrument used in the scenes where the huge meteorite hurtles toward Earth.Advertisement
- This is the world's largest and oldest meteorite impact crater.
- Mr Robinson's mother was hit by a meteorite.
- This evidence is based on detailed studies of part of a Martian meteorite found in Antarctica.
- The object which hits the ground is called a meteorite.
- Moissanite was first discovered in 1893 by Nobel Prize winning scientist Dr. Henri Moissan while he was studying meteorite fragments at the Diablo Canyon in Arizona.Advertisement
- The Launton is a stony meteorite of the most common type, known as an ' ordinary chondrite ' .
- In 1959 the Meteorite, the first ride using hydraulics, made its first appearance at the Fair.
- High Possil is a stony meteorite - the commonest kind.
- One authority in 1886 held it to be an iron meteorite.
- Stella and Anita become sexually rapacious and the next morning Ken and Dave's bodies are discovered beside the now empty meteorite crater.Advertisement
- Invicta's watch designers delight the public with the unique materials used in their creations, including a dial made from a meteorite and the first watch made of both platinum and 18K gold.