Metastasis sentence example
- The pathologist who evaluates cancer cells in biopsied tissue designates the cancer as being stage I, II, III, or IV, in terms of the degree of metastasis.
- Thirty-one patients had a sentinel lymph node positive for melanoma metastasis.
- The smallest detected metastasis was a micrometastasis with a diameter of 0.9 cm.
- Primary bone cancer is much less common than bone metastasis.
- It invades surrounding tissue and spreads to nearby or distant organs (metastasis).Advertisement
- In about 15 percent of cases, physicians find some degree of cancer spread (metastasis).
- For example, research in 2003 found that a combination of chemotherapy and gene therapy stopped breast cancer and its metastasis (spread to other organs or parts of the body).
- Since MTC is slow growing, metastasis may not be obvious.
- Metastasis is very serious in MTC because chemotherapy and radiation therapy are not effective in controlling its spread.
- The most common sites in the body where metastasis occurs are the liver and lungs.Advertisement