Metastases sentence example
- Factors contributing to this poor outlook include the presence of locally advanced disease and undiagnosed metastases at presentation.
- Professor Taylor's main clinical and research interests lie in surgical oncology but particularly colorectal cancer and colorectal liver metastases.
- Other symptoms of distant metastases are sciatica, lymph node enlargement, swelling in the lower limbs.
- The small bowel follow-through demonstrated 32 of 55 metastases (sensitivity 58% ).
- One patient who died of metastases had epithelioid cell type melanoma.Advertisement
- Janine gave a very entertaining and informative talk on her long-term study on bone metastases.
- Radical resection of selected bone metastases not only improves quality of life for patients, it also leads to good long-term outcomes.
- Occasionally surgical resection of isolated solitary distant metastases (usually lung) offers the prospect of prolonged long-term survival.
- Previous studies have demonstrated improved survival after complete resection of pulmonary and hollow viscus gastrointestinal metastases.
- Local recurrence was seen in 76% of patients, but in half of these synchronous hepatic metastases were present.Advertisement
- The biopsy provides information about the type of cancer, its stage, the aggressiveness of the cancer in invading nearby tissue or organs, and the extent of metastases at diagnosis.
- The aim of cancer treatment is to remove or destroy all or as much of the primary tumor as possible and to prevent its recurrence or metastases.
- During surgery biopsies may also be performed on tissue that may be affected by metastases.
- The prognosis involves the type of cancer, its degree of invasiveness, and the extent of metastases at diagnosis.