Mesentery sentence example
- In the region of the mouth where the two halves of the small arm-sinus approach one another they open into a central sinus lying beneath the oesophagus and partly walled in by the two halves of the ventral mesentery.
- The intestine is slung by a median dorsal and ventral mesentery which divides the body cavity into two symmetrically shaped halves; it is " stayed " by two transverse septa, the anterior or gastroparietal band running from the stomach to the body wall and the posterior or ileoparietal band running from the intestine to the body wall.
- This vessel is nothing but a split between the right and left folds of the mesentery, and its cavity is thus a remnant of the blastocoel.
- A median mesentery running dorsoventrally supports the alimentary canal and is continued behind it into the tail, thus dividing the body cavity into two lateral halves.
- Each mesentery is attached by its upper margin to the peristome, by its outer margin to the body-wall, and by its lower margin to the basal disk.Advertisement
- The lower part of the free edge of every mesentery, whether complete or incomplete, is thrown into numerous puckers or folds, and is furnished with a glandular thickening known as a mesenterial filament.
- Each mesentery has a filament; but two of them, namely, the pair farthest from the sulcus, are longer than the rest, and have a different form of filament.
- The postseptal coelom is partially divided by a ventral mesentery which is attached along the entire length of the convex.
- The postseptal division is a coelomic space, partially subdivided by a ventral mesentery.
- Difficulty may be encountered in the thickened mesentery of patients with Crohn's disease.Advertisement
- The collarcavity (b.c. 2) is paired, although its ventral mesentery is not complete.
- The liver first appears as an ento dermal hollow longitudinal outgrowth from the duo denum into the ventral mesentery.