Mescal sentence example
- Rum is a by-product of the sugar industry, and "mescal" is distilled from the agave.
- The first is chiefly known in the south by the " magueys," from which the national drinks " pulque " and " mescal " are extracted.
- The mescalproducing magueys have a thinner leaf and are not cultivated, with the exception of the species producing the " tequila " mescal.
- A peculiar and highly profitable branch of Mexican agriculture is the cultivation of the Agave for two widely different purposes - one for its fibre, which is exported, and the other for its sap, which is manufactured into intoxicating liquors called "pulque " and " mescal."
- " Pulque "f is the fermented drink made from this sap: " mescal " is the distilled spirit made from the leaves and roots of the plant.Advertisement
- There are also a large number of distilleries, breweries, and establishments for the manufacture of it pulque," " mescal," and imitation or counterfeited liquors.
- By distillation a spirit called mescal is prepared.
- Among the manufactured products are cotton, woollen and "pita" fibre fabrics, sugar, rum, mescal, beer, furniture, pottery, soap, candles, leather, matches, chocolate, flour and cigarettes.